Sunday 1st September 2019
9am to 4pm
Upper and Lower Levels
Nelson Mandela Square
The first of September is officially the first day of Spring! The trees are exploding with green shoots and the smell of jasmine is in the air. Bring a touch of spring to your home this spring with some unusual antique items that will bring out the beauty of those spring flowers.
Signalling the start of spring and summer, the Antiques Fair at Nelson Mandela Square on Sunday 1st September is always a good place to look for antiques and collectables that transcend the ordinary and bring that spring feeling into your home and garden. Motifs, images and patterns borrowed from nature have brightened tastefully decorated homes throughout the ages and the antique fairs are the ideal places to find those rare gems. Here are a few spring inspired antique and collectable pieces to add to your collection or to brighten your home and garden.
– Celebrate spring with beautiful flowers displayed in antique vases. Choose an intricate cut glass vase or invest in a Moorcroft vase with a flower motif.
– For those tea-in-the-garden days, invest in a Royal Albert Moss Rose or Violetta tea set or opt for the eclectic ‘harlequin’ trend of mixing and matching tea cups and saucers.
– Why not invest in a beautiful silver bowl or a set of individual silver flower holders for that special dinner party.
– Garden-related decorations, including copper planters and urns to place those spring flowers in.
– Look for botanical prints, classic flowers on porcelain or flower embroidery on old linen.
– Treat yourself to an antique piece of jewellery in the shape of a flower.
The Antique Fair at Nelson Mandela Square is the biggest and longest running antique fair in South Africa with over 40 dealers coming from all over the country to display and sell their antiques & collectables. Set under the porticos of Nelson Mandela Square, the Antiques Fair has become the go-to event on the first Sunday of every month and is fast becoming a staple for both local and international visitors.
The September fair takes place on Sunday 1st September from 9am to 4pm on the Upper and Lower Levels of Nelson Mandela Square.
For more information contact: Clyde Terry on 082 883 4933 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Media liaison: Giuli Osso – Cell 083 377 6721 – email email@example.com